Head of Department:
Oding Nina, Cand. of Economic Sc.
Tel. (812) 746 88 30
Employees of Department:
- Varlamova Olga
- Zaostrovtsev Andrey, Cand. of Economic Sc.
- Kadochnikov Denis, Cand. of Economic Sc.
- Savulkin Lev, Cand. of Geographical Sc.
- Savchenko Marina
- Yushkov Andrey
The Research Department was established in 1991 and it is a core department in a structure of Leontief Centre. The high research potential allows studying fundamental aspects of the region’s economy during the transformation of economic relations including:
- public finance
- social economy
- regional economy
- investments and economic growth
- urban planning and economy
- real estate market
- labour market
- standards of living.
- Kadochnikov, D. Languages, Regional Conflicts and Economic Development: Russia. In: Ginsburgh, V., Weber, S. (Eds.). The Palgrave Handbook of Economics and Language. London: Palgrave Macmillan. 2016. pp. 538-580.
- Oding N.Y., Savulkin L.I., Yushkov A.O. Russian fiscal federalism through implementation of government programmes // Economic Policy. 2016. Vol. 11, № 4. pp. 93-114
- Yushkov A.O., Oding N.Y., Savulkin L.I. Role of subventions in the Russian system of fiscal federalism // Voprosy Ekonomiki. 2016. № 10. pp. 49-64.
- Kadochnikov D.V. International coordination of financial and economic policy: history and theory – St. Petersburg.: Science. 2016. – 207 p.
- Kadochnikov D.V. Budget decentralization and interbudgetary relations: China’s reform experience and its implications for Russia // Terra Economicus. 2016. Vol. 14. №2. pp. 109-126
- Yushkov A.O. Fiscal decentralization and regional economic growth: theory, empiricism, Russian experience // Voprosy Ekonomiki. 2016. №2. pp. 94-111.
- Kadochnikov D.V. Theoretical and economic view on language policy // Voprosy Ekonomiki. 2016. №2. pp. 128-140.
- Kadochnikov D.V. Problems and restrictions of the international financial and economic coordination // Economic sciences. 2016. №1 (134). pp. 153-157.
- Yushkov A. Fiscal decentralization and regional economic growth: Theory, empirics, and the Russian experience. Russian Journal of Economics 2015. No. 1, pp. 404–418
- N.Y. Oding, L.I. Savulkin. Evaluation of development level of innovative economy in Republic of Tatarstan by representatives of innovative economy in Kazan // Economic Policy. 2015. № 6. pp. 144-159.
- Kadochnikov D.V. Equilibrium theory in the stock market: problems of interpretation of the conceptual framework in the applied analysis // Terra Economicus. 2014. Vol. 12, №4, pp. 25-35.
- Kadochnikov D.V. The political and ideological arguments in the discussions on the need for international financial and economic coordination in period between the two world wars // Almanac of Center for the Study of Economic Culture, Faculty of Liberal Arts and Sciences (Smolny College) of St. Petersburg State University – 2014. Gaidar Institute. Moscow – St. Petersburg. 2014. pp. 91-104.
- Kadochnikov D.V. Concepts of externalities and public goods to justify the feasibility of international economic policy coordination // Economic science: methodology, theory and practice. Ed. A.P. Zaostrovtsev. St. Petersburg: ICSER Leontief Centre, 2014. pp. 164-176.
- Kadochnikov D. Gustav Cassel’s purchasing power parity doctrine in the context of his views on international economic policy coordination //European Journal of the History of Economic Thought. 2013. Vol. 20, No. 6. P. 1101-1121
- Limonov L., Oding N., Kadochnikov D., Savulkin L., Anisimov A. Analysis of Trade and Production Linkages between Border Regions of Russia and Kazakhstan: Impact of Customs Union and Single Economic Space. // Eurasian Integration Yearbook 2013. Annual publication of the Eurasian Development Bank. – Almaty, 2013. P. 102-126.
- Kadochnikov D.V. Theoretical and economic analysis of culture and cultural values: methodology issues // Almanac of Center for the Study of Economic Culture, Faculty of Liberal Arts and Sciences (Smolny College) of St. Petersburg State University – 2013. Gaidar Institute. Moscow – St. Petersburg. 2013. pp. 31-47.
- Kadochnikov D.V., Oding N.Y., Savulkin L.I. Culture, institutions, and economic behavior in Russia // Almanac of Center for the Study of Economic Culture, Faculty of Liberal Arts and Sciences (Smolny College) of St. Petersburg State University – 2013. Gaidar Institute. Moscow – St. Petersburg. 2013. pp. 179-192.
- Kadochnikov D.V. Money demand in structural models of formation of exchange rates // Voprosy Ekonomiki. 2012. №7. pp. 96-113.
- Kadochnikov D.V. International economic policy coordination: Gustav Cassel’s scientific heritage // Voprosy Ekonomiki. 2012. №1. pp. 51-64.
- N.Oding 2016 Labour market in the Regions and Cities: Changes and Challenges of Digitalisation, in: Digital (R)evolution and its Effects on Labor; Opportunities and Challenges for Regional and Local Labour Market Monitoring Christa Larsen,Sigrid Rand,Alfons Schmid, Paivi Holopainen,Pirita Jokikaarre, Ratri Kuusela,Niina Alapuranen (Eds).: Munchen,Merlag, Rainer Hampp Verlag, pp. 267-281.
- N.Y. Oding. Establishment of property institute and management of state property in Russia // Economic Culture: values and interests. Special Issue. Almanac of Center for the Study of Economic Culture, Faculty of Liberal Arts and Sciences (Smolny College) of St. Petersburg State University. 2014. pp. 173-194.
Russian National Sub-Committee
Association of Economic Analysis Centers (ARETT)
XIV All-Russian Forum Strategic Planning in Regions and Cities of Russia (October 24-25, 2016, St Petersburg)
Analytical Review «The Socio-Economic Situation in St. Petersburg»
This analytical overview is a bi-monthly edition brought to you by the Leontief Centre in Russian and in English since 1992.
Each issue (25-30 pages in length) contains summary of statistical data and information materials (including unpublished ones) on the city’s industry, infrastructure, budget, privatization, investment projects as well as on employment and living standards of St. Petersburg residents.
Interdisciplinary Seminar «Economy and Society»
Form of seminar suggests key speech one or two presenters among leading Russians or foreign scientist, politicians, experts on topical issues theory and practice world economic and social develop, including Russia and Post-soviet countries, followed by discussion this problematic with audience
Overview of key events and decisions of the European Union Regional Policy
The main objective of the reviews - tracking key events and decisions of the EU regional policy.
Current review is prepared on the basis of the 5 web sites.